Benefits Of Using A Heat Pump In Your Kitty Hawk, NC Home
There are many options on the market for heating your home – gas, oil or electric furnaces, radiant heating and electric resistance heating, to name a few. When cold weather comes to Kitty Hawk, heat pumps also offer a viable way of staying warm and cozy on the Outer Banks.
There are two primary types of heat pumps. The air-source heat pump uses electricity to generate heat that is then pumped into a building. A geothermal heat pump is similar. But rather than taking heat from the surrounding air, it takes it from the ground. Here are some of the benefits of using a heat pump for your heating needs.
- Heat pumps do not burn anything to generate warmth, so they don’t create toxic carbon monoxide as a byproduct making them safer to use.
- Heat pumps are very easy to use.
- Heat pumps are less expensive to operate than other heating methods.
- Heat pumps do not dry out the air.
- Heat pumps are low-maintenance, efficient systems. An air-source heat pump consumes just about half of the energy it generates in heat. With a geothermal pump, that figure rises about six times.
- Despite their name, heat pumps also can cool the air during warmer weather.
- Heat pumps have a long lifespan and are very reliable.
- Heat pumps take up less space than other heating units.
- Heat pumps are better for the environment because they do not create harmful emissions.
Whether you are putting a heating system into a new home or retrofitting your system in an existing home in Kitty Hawk, heat pumps are an attractive option that can add value to your home and provide you with clean, efficient heat for decades to come. As you weigh your heating options talk to a local HVAC company about whether a heat pump is right for you.
You May Also Like
As with any mechanical system, your heat pump in Harbinger, NC, may produce sounds that suggest potential issues. Paying attention to these… Continue Reading Don’t Ignore These 3 Heat Pump Sounds in Harbinger, NC…
The air conditioner compressor is vital to any AC system in Manteo, NC. When the compressor fails, it can cause your entire… Continue Reading 4 Causes of AC Compressor Issues in Manteo, NC…
Allergies often present with symptoms like a stuffy or runny nose, itchy eyes and general discomfort. Staying cool and knowing how to… Continue Reading 4 Cooling Tips for Allergy Sufferers in Harbinger, NC…